Wierd Science on the WWW
The contents of the links on this page have been proven in Garry Lab
Tests to cause brain damage. View these sites at your own risk!
These sites are listed without any implied endorsement! We list them both as a service, and a reminder to the well adjusted about the presence of the other "side".
All of these sites were submitted to our virology page as potential additions. Needless to say, our site seeks to uphold the highest scientific standards, and these sites simply don't make the cut. We present them here and solicit any comments you might have about them. Should we as scientists do something about these seemingly endless and possibly fraudulent claims that are being presented to the public as a product of real science, or should we just accept it as a continuation of our patent medicine history?
For a great commentary on Alternative Medicine, read a recent Editorial Opinion in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- "On our Website--www.biophoton.com--is a claim to have identified the leading candidate for the role of the Ultrasensitive Psi Receptor. You are welcome to visit and draw your own conclusions, which we would be happy to hear."
- Cure for Cancer? - "Give me three weeks and your oncologist will cancel your surgery! Learn how to identify and remove what causes your cancer -- your body will do the rest. No conflict with any clinical treatment."
- Dr. Earl Mindell -- "Why many Arthritus, Allergy, and Prostate Sufferers experience relief through the nutritional formulations of the world leading expert on nutrition, Dr. Earl Mindell."
- "Acupress is an all natural topical analgesic for the reduction of pain. This can be from injury, arthritis, rhumatism, fibrocitis, etc. "
- "Perfect health and youth at any age, by ..."
- "Health Builders - Over 80 natural health and nutrition supplements, personal care and household products! Colloidal minerals, vitamins, anti-oxidants, herbs, DHEA and more!"
- "The Best Health Products in the World -- Information on the best health products in the world. Colloidal minerals and other products. Learn how to make money with them. "
- "Maitake Mushroom, crushed into pills, great for immune system, cancer, aids, hiv, colesterol, disease, kinoko, shitake, yukiguni, health, healthy, nutrition, vitamins."
- "Bounce back to health with the Bounce Back chair. Move the lymph fluid in your body easily and effectively. Get rid of the toxins in your body."
- "Need therapy? I use a tickle reflex that gets limbs moving. If your having a hard time, come see me I get results."
- "MISAHA is a research Institute and clinic dedicated to scientific verification of psi healing."
- "Symptoms of Wilson's Syndrome -- If you suspect that you have Wilson's Syndrome, take your temperature with an accurate glass/mercury thermometer orally 3 hours after getting up and every 3 hours times 3 for a couple of days. If your temperature averages a few 10ths of a degree below 98.6F., and you have several of the above symptoms, you have Wilson's Syndrome."
Isn't the web amazing? Now you can be 'diagnosed' on-line!?!?
- "Discount Melatonin - The new superstar in anti-aging and sleep supplementation is now available at the lowest price on the Internet and yes, we ship to all countries! (melatonin aging anti-aging natural sleep insomnia)"
- "Looking for a cure? We have the most powerful, effective Chinese herbal remedies for acne,rosacea, arthritis, allergy, asthma, migraine, pain control, etc. with miracle results without side effects." and .... "We provide powerful, effective Chinese herbal remedies for illness of dogs and cats such as parasites infection,arthritis, pain,hair loss,etc., with miracle results without side effects."
- "There are many healthful reasons to drink magnetized water, but most people buy our units to create....."
- "The principal mission of DigiBio is to bring a clear and irrefutable answer to the controversy over Dr. Jacques Benvenistes observations of what has come to be known as «the memory of water» phenomenon, that is: - that water is capable of carrying molecular information (biological messages), and - that it is possible to transmit and amplify this information, as can be done for sounds and music. "
Can you top these links for Weird Science Sites? Send me your suggestions.
Home | Table of Contents | Submit a Site | Search
Tulane University | Garry Lab Contact Info | FAQ | Garry Lab Home | Tulane Medical Center
|© 1995-2007. D. Sander