Infectious Disease Resources
- The"Virtual" Medical Center Pathology & Virology Center - One of the best all-around medical servers available has a nice virology oriented collection of info.
- Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases from Emory University
- Mediscover Infectious Diseases - Specialist portal providing the worldwide community of infectious disease researchers and clinicians with a gateway to the latest news, therapeutic updates, regular commentaries on current issues and developments, conference summaries, webcasts, database resources etc
- Hakan Leblebicioglu's Infectious Diseases Web Site - links to clinical microbiology, infectious diseases, antibotics, viral hepatitis and medline related links, international prevention and treatment guidelines.
- A new international survey of postgraduate courses dealing with infectious disease is available through subscription to, or purchase of the 2nd issue of , a new journal - The Infectious Disease Review. The survey, entitled "Master's, diploma, certificate and continuing education training courses in infectious disease held in Europe, Africa, Australasia, Central and South America" presents data in tabular form from over 150 courses in 21 languages held in over 25 countries. Medical and veterinary courses are included. The survey is intended as a guide for physicians, veterinarians, universities and research institutions, health workers, epidemiologists, nurses and laboratory technicians. It is the most up-to-date survey of such course available as a single unit in the world today.
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for Infectious agents - from the Office of Biosafety,Laboratory Centre for Disease Control Laboratory Centre for Disease Control, Canada. These safety sheets contain health hazard information such as infectious dose, viability (including decontamination), medical information, laboratory hazard, recommended precautions, handling information and spill procedures. The intent of these documents is to provide a safety resource for laboratory personnel working with these infectious substances.
- Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre (United Kingdom)
- Communicable Disease Factsheets from the state of New York (gopher)
- The U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases - USAMRIID investigates naturally occurring infectious diseases that require special containment, and provides a critical capability to the Army's infectious disease research program as the only DoD laboratory equipped to study highly hazardous viruses at Biosafety Level 4. The Institute also operates a world-renowned reference laboratory for definitive identification of biological threat agents and diagnosis of the diseases they produce.
- Outbreak contains links and information about infectious disease.
Home | Table of Contents | FAQ
Search | Submit a New Site