ATV Table of Contents
Submit a New Site
Frequently Asked Questions
David M. Sander, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in developing a WWW site for your lab or organization, please feel free to contact me for any needed advice and/or assistance.
Other Health and Related Information
- "Blazing a Genetic Trail" is now online! This wonderfully illustrated book takes you on the search for mutant genes that cause the 4,000 hereditary disorders affecting humans. The Web version is free for all to read online.
- Microbiology Jump Station a collection of links for microbiologists.
- Medicine Online: Diseases, Medical News & more. A searchable medicine database with the latest medical news.
- Reuters Health Information Services - The Reuters Health Information Services site has some of the most comprehensieve medical news on the internet -- for professionals and consumers. The site also has a searchable news archive with an impressively fast search engine and clinicial challenge sections in internal medicine and dermatology.
- Washington Association for Biomedical Research - Education and outreach on the importance of biomedical research "for the greater good."
- EUMicroWeb - An information service for decision makers, accreditation bodies, industries and the interested groups in relation to food and water microbiology projects supported by the European Commission.
- Health On the Net Foundation
- Wellness Interactive Network - Presented by Interactive Services, Inc., The Wellness Interactive Network - features The Health Information Highway, a medically specific search engine accessing the top Medical Gopher Servers, Medical E-Mail User Groups, Medical Databases and thousands of health, fitness, and medical information resources on the Internet. Also available is access to patient-centered Electronic Newsletters and a variety of Health Care Topics on Heart Disease, Diabetes, Weight Management & Nutrition, Repspiratory Health, and Women's Health.
- Bergeys Manual of Determinative Bacteriology
- Pyrolysis mass spectrometry at the University of Wales, AberystwythPyrolysis mass spectrometry (PyMS) is a method for the rapid identification of bacteria. This site explains PyMS and the application of neural networks for the identification of bacteria. Also explained is the monitoring of fermentations. There are lots of papers on PyMS and neural networks here.
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC)
- Animal health, wellbeing, and rights
- Labexplorer.com is a new web site written by clinical laboratorians for clinical laboratorians. Designed to be a comprehensive resource for those interested in clinical laboratory practices, the site provides a mechanism of communication between laboratorians, access to experts in a variety of clinical fields, job and career information, and comprehensive links to laboratory sites, diagnostic companies, organizations & interesting topics.
- IMGT,the international ImMunoGeneTics database - is a high-quality integrated database specialising in Immunoglobulins (Ig), T cell receptors (TcR) and Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) molecules of all vertebrates, created in 1989 by Marie-Paule Lefranc (UniversitÈ Montpellier II, CNRS). IMGT includes two databases : IMGT/LIGM-DB, a comprehensive database of Ig and TcR from human and other vertebrates, with translation for fully annotated sequences, and IMGT/HLA-DB, a database of the human MHC referred to as HLA (Human Leucocyte Antigens). The IMGT server provides a common access to all Immunogenetics data.
- University of Cambridge, School of Biological Sciences
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- MBS-Molecular Biology Shortcuts - The entry door to the web for the molecular biologist
- University of Geneva Server
- Martindale's Health Science Guide - '95, rather comprehensive as a medical education tool.
- Walter Reed Army Institute of Research - (WRAIR), the largest and most diverse medical laboratory in the United States Army's Medical Research and Materiel Command. For more than a century they have conducted biomedical research that has provided America's Armed Forces with the most effective medical defenses and treatments against health threats.
- The Laboratory HomepageThis homepage is designed to disseminate information and increase communication between laboratory professionals. The site includes a partial directory of laboratories, reference and technical information, job listings and upcoming scientific meetings.
- SUNET - The WWW homepage of the Swedish University Network
- Aberystwyth Quantitative Biology & Analytical Biotechnology Group
- Microbial Information Network: Europe (requires subscription and password)
- WISDOM: Wellcome Information Service Databases (Telnet: login as "wisdom")
- The Compliance Control Center, a premier Internet site covering hand transmitted disease, hospital infections, food poisoning, and product contamination is open to those interested in learning about the impact of cross contamination on consumer health, product quality, workplace safety, and insurance costs.
- Health World
- Health World Canada
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- National Health Information Center
- The Wellness Interactive Network
Veterinary Medicine and Vaccines
Disease Servers (with a Viral Connection)
- Viruses of Veterinary Importance in Western Canada - a list including descriptions of viral diseases
- Viral Myocarditis is an inflammatory disease of the heart muscle that can be caused by viruses, the most common being coxsackie B viruses and in children adenoviruses as well. The site provides extensive reading for those interested in related topics, displays a coxsackievirion and heart damage done by coxsackievirus B3, and links to other related sites, and more.
Epidemiology and Public Health
Home | Table of Contents | FAQ
Search | Submit a New Site