|Other AIDS Resources:
Back to AIDS Table of Contents
ATV Table of Contents
Submit a New Site
Frequently Asked Questions
David M. Sander, Ph.D. (email@example.com
If you are interested in developing a WWW site for your lab or organization, please feel free to contact me for any needed advice and/or assistance.
General AIDS Information
- Centers for Disease Control National AIDS Clearinghouse Information Page - The National AIDS Clearinghouse WWW site offers documents on prevention, testing, treatment, living with the Human Immuno-Deficiency Virus (HIV), and current statistics.Users will find holdings organized in folders alphabetically. The site also includes a folder on general AIDS information which includes the American Surgeon General's Report from 1993. AIDS is one of those diseases that has become an international subject, and the CDC here publishes a daily summary of AIDS articles in major U.S. news publications (like The Washington Post). These stories range from treatment reports to personal profiles of those afflicted. News releases from the clearinghouse are also included, along with the addresses for a mailing list and an FTP site where AIDS-related documents are kept. An excellent source of information.
- ASA - Associazione Solidarieta` AIDS from Italy, contains information on new treatments, complementary treatments, laws and experiences. Webpages are all available both in Italian and in English. You may also find an updated list of links to other AIDS related web sites, newsgroups and publications. Currently the list includes over 90 different links all over the world and it is updated about weekly and as far as we know it is the most comprehensive list of AIDS resources available from Italy. An ASA newsletter "EssePiu`" is also available.
- The AIDS information & treatments from Johns Hopkins University site provides the latest on medical treatments & clinical trials, publications available, expert consults, upcoming AIDS conferences & events, staff contact information and other valuable information for AIDS patients.
- AIDS Research Information Center, Inc. - ARIC is a private, non-profit medical infromation service located in Baltimore that works closely with Johns Hopkins AIDS Services. They provide an AIDS Medical Information Service Hotline accessible to anyone through E-mail, mail, and telephone, offering current, medically accurate treatment and research information in layman's language to Persons with HIV/AIDS and their care providers. They also publish a 500 page (plus) Encyclopedic AIDS Medical Glossary and a quarterly newsletter.
- HIVpositive.com - This is a very helpful and very easy site to view and contains a variety of information.
- The BODY HomePage : A Multimedia AIDS and HIV Information Resource, which assembles content on medical, psychological, legal, social and cultural aspects of HIV and AIDS by contract with top publishers and organizations of national stature.
- Test Positive Aware Network
- Roche-HIV.com - The site offers a unique online interactive animation explaining the HIV lifecycle - how it infects CD4 cells and how the different classes of anti-HIV drugs work. It has also been recently updated to include a visual representation of how researchers are working to develop new drugs which will prevent HIV fusion with the cell - a story which recently gained a lot of coverage in the media. The animation usings Macromedia Flash and offers full movement and sound effects - our site also provides a link so Users can easily download the Flash plug-in.
- Project Inform's HomePage. Up-to-date information on Antiviral and Immune Based therapies, Public Policy and Advocacy efforts (searchable database).
- HIV.NET European Information Center for HIV and AIDS
- Concordia University Libraries "Sources for HIV/AIDS"
- Green Universe- Exclusive site on HIV/AIDS dedicated to people living with HIV/AIDS and those affected by it.
- HIV InSite from USCF is a comprehensive source for HIV treatment, prevention and policy information.
- AIDS Vancouver
- Dutchess County HIV Awareness Home Page
- AIDS Research Information Center
- New Hampshire/Vermont HIV Information Network
- Nutrition for Life
- Pediatric HIV/AIDS Links
- Pets Are Loving Support
- Positively HIV
- Positive Nation
- Project Inform
- QRD's AIDS/HIV Information Page
- University of Rochester Medical Center's AIDS Center
- HIV/AIDS Outreach Project - This site has resource information from the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, a list of online AIDS/HIV Resources, and more.
- A WWW interface to B. Gardiner's AIDS BBS
- HIV/AIDS Information - Queer Resources Directory (US).
- AIDS Information from Indiana University
- Marty Howard's HIV/AIDS Home Page - educational resources, mailing lists, support groups and many links
- HIVNET/GENA Information Server - HIVNET and GENA information on AIDS.
- HIVNET - France with a server in English or French, of course.
- TPA - AIDS Info Page - ThoughtPort's AIDS information page. Has the digital AIDS quilt for viewing and contributing.
- HIV-EWIR - Online version of HIV: An Electronic Information Review. Contains info on HIV treatments and scientific advances.
- AIDS Info a gopher site for AIDS info
- AIDS and HIV from San Francisco State University
- AIDS Resource Center
- Gopher server on AIDS at the National Institutes of Health
- University of Southern Florida -HIV Information Center
- The HIVNET/GENA Information Server
- AIDS Pathfinder - NLM (US).
- The Red Ribbon Research & Information Database - WorldCLASS (US).
- Miscellaneous pieces of AIDS information
- New York Academy of Medicine AIDS/HIV home page - Good HIV Intro.
- AVERT - The AIDS Education & Research TrustHIV, AIDS general and education news. Mainly United Kingdom but linking statistics worldwide. AVERT is a United Kingdom based charitable not for profit organisation. Virtual Libraries
- AIDS Reserach Information Center
- CyberQueer Lounge: AIDS Page
- HIV InfoWeb
- Queer Resources Directory: HIV/AIDS
- The Virtual Library: AIDS
- HIV Gene/Protein Sequence Database
- HIV Immunology Database
- AIDS Research Reagent Database
- ÆGIS"The Information Superstore"
- Human Retroviruses and AIDS database, a gopher server
- Medline - access to medical literature abstracts (All the Virology on the WWW offers special access to Medline as well.)
- NAC Resources and Services Databases
- Program Abstracts of the XI International Conference on AIDS
Misc. Special Topic AIDS Sites
- CDC Aids Daily News
- Global Spread of HIV-1 with a Focus on the African Continent - This site offers links to new development in the HIV-1 epidemic on the African continent, with a special emphasis on HIV infection in women. There is also a page devoted to summarizing the reports of the spread of HIV-1 subtypes into various African nations. The main page and subtype page are new and thus under construction.
- San Luis Obispo HIV InfoNet - Regional and National resources focusing on the rural population of central California.
- A is for Apple, Nutrition and Wellness Resources - A site where people living with HIV can get RELIABLE nutrition advice from a Registered Dietitian (RD) currently working in the field. Info. is absolutely free of charge, but donations are accepted to help maintain the site.
- HIVNet's page of Magazines, Periodicals and Libraries
- The ArtAIDS Link - AIDS related art gallery.
- Modus Operandi/EASAH web site - There is information on this site about HIV/AIDS, workplace and employment issues, and about this organization and the publications they produce. It gives details on many HIV/AIDS employment, business and workplace issues - plus information about compromised immunity and work. There is also information about their consulting and training services and publications.
- 1996 International AIDS Conference - XI International Conference on AIDS information
- Search (no charge!) NLM's database AIDSLINE at NLM (US), or at MIC (using Elhill) (SE)
- Terra Net - an HIV information resource library in Boston providing information through our homepage. One unique product is a subject headed, cross referenced index of HIV treatment articles from the major community based journals for the past 5 years. This index is available on our web page and can be provided in print format to organizations and community based groups.
- Articles on AIDS [no charge - but you must register!] - Medscape, New York (US)
- The Molecular Biology of HIV - A superb review article by George Pavlakis of NCI.
- The Names Project - The AIDS memorial quilt.
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS - UNAIDS. This site describes the people and projects of this international effort by the United Nations.
- HIV Magazines, Periodicals, & E-journals - Australian and international magazines, etc. (from HIV-EWIR)
- AIDS Book Review Journals AIDS-general
- Glossary of AIDS Related Terms
- AIDS Information Newsletter - transmitted from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs AIDS Information Center, located at the San Franicsco VA Medical Center, a biweekly electronic publication.
- PARIS AIDS SUMMIT REPORTS
- OnScience with science tidbits from Indiana has a feature article De-Fusing the Bomb on the AIDS crisis.
- HIV Transmission Through Blood Products [NAS meeting Sep '94] - via New Mexico Internet Access (US).
- HIV/AIDS Resources in the Cheyenne, WY USA area
Home | Table of Contents | FAQ
Submit a New Site