|Other AIDS Resources:
Back to AIDS Table of Contents
ATV Table of Contents
Submit a New Site
Frequently Asked Questions
David M. Sander, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in developing a WWW site for your lab or organization, please feel free to contact me for any needed advice and/or assistance.
Alternative Views of AIDS
The science involved in the following sites would not be considered "mainstream" and would not be accepted by most clinicians or researchers in the field of AIDS/HIV. Indeed, some of them may contain information or advice that could be very detrimental to your health. You should view them with extreme caution. However, in the interest of fairness and academic freedom, they are listed on All the Virology on the WWW under this special section. Any comments about their placement or contents should be directed to me.
- The Rethinking AIDS Websites - one of the best arranged and most comprehensive doubters' website.
- Peter Duesberg's Homepage - "Infectious AIDS: Have We Been Misled?" A well known scientist and one of the original AIDS=HIV doubters expresses his views on the net.
- The Alternative Medicine Homepage
- AIDS & Programmed Activation of T-Lymphocytes - An approach to HIV eradication published in 1991.
- The AIDS Heresies A Case Study in Skepticism Taken Too Far by Steven B. Harris, M.D. of the Skeptics Society.
- An Acupuncture Page. There is a lot of information, however it is VERY SLOW to load due to the number and size of graphics. This is not strictly an HIV/AIDS-Acupuncture page.
- A Different Point of View. - The Alternative News Center - featuring: Health, Wealth and Happiness.
- Kombucha Information.
- Life Extension Foundation - dedicated to the pursuit of a longer, healthier lifespan.
- New AIDS theory: vulnerability to reduced DHEA- DHEA is low in HIV+ and lower in AIDS (JAMA 1989, 261: 1149). DHEA is known to be higher in AIDS nonprogressors (J. Infec. Diseases 1992, 165: 413). DHEA inhibits replication of AZT-resistant and wild-type HIV-1 (Biochem. Biophysi. Re. Comm. 1994, 201: 1424. "DHEA protects mice against West Nile virus, Sindbis virus neurovirulent, and Semliki Forest virus lethal injection.K" (Archives of Virology 1991, 120: 263) This site contains a theory developed and copyrighted in 1985 which demonstrates that low production, or antagonism, of the adrenal hormone, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), increases vulnerability to the HIV and AIDS, as well as other bacterial and viral infections.
- Oxygen and Ozone Web Site. The site is dedicated to the advancement of Oxygen Therapies. Oxygen Therapies include the use of Hydrogen Peroxide ( H2O2), Ozone Therapy, Hyperbaric Oxygen, and Ionization. You will find a large selection of files on all the Oxygen Therapies.
- A Short Introduction to Smart Drugs - A page on alternative medications..interesting reading.
- Keep Hope Alive - Keep Hope Alive is a comprehensive source of alternative treatment information on nutritional, bio-oxidative and alternative therapies for the immune compromised.
Usenet Newsgroups related to AIDS
Have you seen our BIOSCI Bionet Newsgroup table?
Other Lists of WWW AIDS Sites
- S.HALL's HIV/AIDS Page has news and links, updated daily.
- AIDS, Medicine & Miracles Linked to hundreds of domestic AIDS organizations, International AIDS Agencies (Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Italian). A monthly article from research professionals, conference schedules and an entire section on alternative holistic treatment are listed.
- HIVNET/GENA Information Server HIVNET is the European arm of GENA, the Global Electronic Network for AIDS. HIVNET is a network for HIV and AIDS information and discussion.
- HIVimer is a resource based in Australia with information on AIDS/HIV. This is probably the best resource in the Pacific.
- HIV/AIDS Resources as compiled by J. Troyer. This list of resources focuses on safe sex, and contraception.
- Active Digital Library of the AIDS outreach project at Vanderbuilt Medical Center has a good collection of HIV/AIDS links.
- Marty Howard's HIV/AIDS Home Page - educational resources, mailing lists, support groups and many links
- Yahoo AIDS & HIV - Yahoo's links to HIV & AIDS information
- Index - MedWeb: AIDS and HIV
- AIDS Resource List-- A very comprehensive list of WWW and other AIDS information sites.
- AIDS page IRCAM Mostly a gateway, also to French sites
- Immunet - an Internet Interface to the AIDS/HIV databank, resource and information sharing network written in Lotus Notes
- The Biology of AIDS: Compiled Resources - List of addresses, etc. relating to AIDS research.
- The HIV Electronic Media Information Review [Newsletter] - University of Queensland (AU)
- Sida, en Mexico - AIDS in Mexico - Links of resources in both Spanish and English.
- The WWW Virtual Library Index: AIDS - Deals with social, political, and social aspects of AIDS/HIV.
- The HIV/AIDS Internet Information Index
Home | Table of Contents | FAQ
Submit a New Site