ATV Table of Contents
Submit a New Site
Frequently Asked Questions
David M. Sander, Ph.D. (email@example.com
If you are interested in developing a WWW site for your lab or organization, please feel free to contact me for any needed advice and/or assistance.
Microbiology and Virology Meetings:
These pages often contain information on the meeting, its research focus, registration information, etc. These links will be updated as new meeting resources are announced.
North American Meetings
Organizations that Sponsor Regular Meetings:
- American Society for Virology (ASV) Annual Meetings
- 24th Annual Meeting 18-22 June 2005 - Penn State University, University Park, PA
The American Society for Virology invites you to participate in the 24th Annual Meeting of the Society to be held on the Penn State University Park campus in beautiful central Pennsylvania, under the direction of our local host, Craig Cameron. The ASV 2005 scientific program includes symposia, satellite symposia and concurrent workshops and poster sessions on a wide range of virology topics. The 2005 conference will also feature a showcase of exhibitors for you to explore. Registration information and the Call for Abstracts will be mailed to ASV members in October 2004. Please note that there will be an earlier deadline for abstract submission: January 14, 2005, due to our June meeting date.
ASV 2005 Meeting: Deadline for electronic submission of abstracts is, January 14, 2005.
Complete information will be available, as it develops, on the ASV Web site.
Non-members must request this information by contacting the office of the Secretary-Treasurer, Dr. Sidney E. Grossberg, American Society for Virology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Dept. of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226; Tel: (414) 456-8104; Fax: (414) 456-6566; or by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2006 25th Annual Meeting - 15-19 July, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, Local Host: Dr. Paul D. Friesen
- 2007 26th Annual Meeting - 14-18 July, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, Local Host: Dr. Dennis Hruby
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM) General Meetings
The General Meeting is the Society's annual meeting which features scientific programming from ASM's 23 divisions as well as special interest groups. Upcoming meetings include:
- June 5-9 2005. 105thAmerican Society for Microbiology General Meeting. Atlanta, GA.
- May 21-25, 2006. 106th American Society for Microbiology General Meeting: Orlando, FL,
- May 20-24, 2007. 107th American Society for Microbiology General Meeting: Toronto, Canada,
For information about these ASM General meetings, contact the Meetings Dept., American Society for Microbiology, 1325 Massachusetts Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005-4171; Tel: 202-942-9248; Fax: 202-942-9340; E-mail: MeetingsInfo@asm.org.
- Interscience Conferences on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) (ASM's annual meeting on infectious diseases)
The Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), until recently an annual meeting of the American Society for Microbiology, is an interdisciplinary forum of international import designed to stimulate the exchange of new information among microbiologists, clinicians, chemists, biochemists, pathologists, pharmacologists and other interested in antimicrobial and anticancer drugs and infectious diseases. The scientific program consists of symposia including some cosponsored by other societies, state-of-the-art mini lectures, slide sessions, poster sessions, and late breaker sessions. Upcoming meetings include:
- 45th ICAAC Meeting: New Orleans, Lousiana, Sept. 21 - 24, 2005
- 46th ICAAC Meeting: San Francisco, California, Sept. 27 - 30, 2006
- International Society for Antiviral Research (ISAR) Meetings
ISAR has become internationally recognized as an organization for scientist in the field and as offering the premiere scientific meeting on antiviral research. The purpose of ISAR's annual meeting is to provide an interdisciplinary forum at which investigators involved in basic, applied, and clinical research worldwide can meet to review recent developments in all areas of antiviral research. The organizers plan a program to meet the needs of chemists, biologists, virologists and clinicians interested in the field.
For information about these meetings, contact Brent E. Korba, Georgetown University, DMVI, 13 Taft Court, Suite 101, Rockville, MD 20850, Ph. (301) 309-6145 x27, Fax (301) 309-1553, E-mail: email@example.com.
- 2005 - April-May, Barcelona, Spain
- 2006 - San Juan Puerto Rico - Tentative
The purpose of the International Conference on Antiviral Research is to provide an interdisciplinary forum at which investigators involved in basic, applied, and clinical research worldwide can meet to review recent developments in all areas of antiviral research. Specific topics to be covered in the program include synthesis and chemistry, biochemistry and mechanism of action, molecular biology and drug targeting, in vitro evaluation, animal models, pharmacokinetics, toxicology, and clinical trials. Within these areas of interest, there will be invited overview speakers, oral presentations, and poster presentations.
Virology / Microbiology Meetings - 2005
National and International Meetings
- 7-9 March. 2nd International Immunoinformatics Symposium and Immunoinformatics Workshop.
- 8-12 March. ASM Conference on Viral Immune Evasion. Acapulco, Mexico
- 11-12 April. Remembering Polio: The History and Future of Vaccine Development - marking the 50th anniversary of the development of the Salk polio vaccine at the University of Pittsburgh. Among the prominent speakers lined up for the symposium are David L. Heymann, M.D., who heads the World Health Organization’s efforts to wipe out polio; John B. Robbins, M.D., chief of the Laboratory of Developmental and Molecular Immunity at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development; immunology and virology expert Paul A. Offit, M.D., from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia; and Julius S. Youngner, Sc.D., distinguished service professor emeritus at the University of Pittsburgh and the sole surviving scientist on Jonas Salk's core research team.
- 5-9 June. American Society for Microbiology General Meeting (105th). Atlanta, GA.
- 15-17 June. Sarcoma Meeting Stuttgart (SMS) 2005. Stuttgart, Germany. Tel: +49 711 992 2466; Fax: +49 711 992 2462; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 18-22 June. American Society for Virology 24th Annual Scientific Meeting. University Park, PA. Contact: Sidney E. Grossberg, Secretary-Treasurer, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226. Tel: 414-456-8104; Fax: 414-456-6566; E-mail: ASV@mcw.edu.
- 25-30 June. Xth International Nidovirus Symposium: Toward Control of SARS and Other Nidovirus Diseases. Cheyenne Mountain Resort in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Organizers are email@example.com and Stanley-Perlman@uiowa.edu.
- 23-28 July . International Congress of Virology, (one of the three division meetings of the International Union of Microbiological Societies), San Francisco, California.
- 24-27 July. Phyllosphere 2005, 8th International Symposium on the Microbiology of Aerial Plant Surfaces. Oxford, United Kingdom.
- 18-20 Sept. 5th International Retroviral Nucleo Capsid Symposium to in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- 21-24 Sept. 45th ICAAC Meeting, New Orleans, Lousiana.
- 21-25 May. American Society for Microbiology General Meeting (106th). Orlando, FL.
- 15-19 July. American Society for Virology 25th Annual Scientific Meeting. Madison, WI. Contact: Sidney E. Grossberg, Secretary-Treasurer, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226. Tel: 414-456-8104; Fax: 414-456-6566; E-mail: ASV@mcw.edu.
- 27-30 Sept. 46th ICAAC Meeting, San Francisco, California.
ASM Branch Meetings - 2005
Lists of Virology and Microbiology Oriented Meetings
Other Lists of Scientific Conferences
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- AAI - Scientific Meetings
- American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) - Academic Medicine Major Meetings Calendar
- American Assoc. of Pharmaceutical Scientists - Calendar
- BioTech: Professional Resources - Biotechnology Conferences and Workshops
- Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) - BIO Calendar
- National Biotech Resources - Bio Conferences
- BIONET.announce Meeting Announcement Archives
- BIOSIS - Conferences
- Biotechnology - Calendar of Events
- BioUpdate Foundation Educational conferences for biotechnology
- Boehringer Mannheim Biochemicals - Calendar of Events
- Cato Research's Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Development Meetings and Seminars Calendar
- Conference Management Centre - Organisers of conferences, courses, Congresses, seminars and CPD in the UK.
- C&I Meeting Database
- The Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI) sponsors meetings, is a premier provider of biotechnical conferences. CHI offer over 50 meetings each year in the areas of Genome, Blood Safety, Drug Discovery, Bio-Processing and Lab Instrumentation. Further information is available by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CW Henderson, Publisher of a huge family of Weekly Medical subject area updates, also maintains a great list of scientific meetings with contact information:
- Cold Spring Harbor Meetings and Courses
- Directory of Scholarly and Professional E-Conferences
- European Research Conferences (EURESCO) by the European Science Foundation.
- Events in Bioscience and Medicine - this site provides an extensive database of listings of meetings, conferences, courses and workshops searchable by type, subject matter, continent or keywords.
- Exhibition and Conferences Diary - industrial conferences, mainly in the UK.
- FIP - Diary and Calendar
- FASEB Scientific Meetings and Conferences - from the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
- Gordon Research Conferences
- Genome Educators - Calendar of Events
- Healthcareconferences.com - Infomediary medical and travel site for healthcare conferences and conference organizers.
- Human Genome Management Meetings
- HUM-MOLGEN'slist of meetings in Bioscience and Medicine
- IBC USA Conferences an independent conference organizer.
- International Calendar of Cancer - a searchable database with information on cancer-related conferences from 1998 to 2004.
- International Calendar of Cancer
- Keystone Symposia
- Mayflower BIOCOM
- Medical Informatics Conferences
- MediConf Next MediConf Next lists the next 1000 future events taking place worldwide. It is an abridged sample from the MediConf database, which contains over 8000 future events with the complete details of a conference such as the organizers address, phone, fax, E-mail, descriptor, and statistics. The full database can be found at the MediConf site.
- MedNews (Bonn) - Congress-Server
- MedWeb: Conferences
- The New England Journal of Medicine's Upcoming Medical Meetings
- OncoLink - meeting announcements lists cancer-related meetings and conferences.
- PanAmerican Society for Pigment Cell Research meetings.
- Workshops and Programs - from the School of Computational Sciences, George Mason University.
- The Physiological Society - Noticeboard
- Promega Trade Show Listing
- RadEFX Calendar A part of the RadEFX Radiation Health Effects Research Resource from Baylor School of Medicine.
- Scholarly Societies Project - Meeting/Conference Announcements
- Science Professional Network -- Meetings and announcements as seen in SCIENCE.
- SES - Conference Announcements
- TeleSCAN: List of Conferences in Cancer
- Utrecht's list of Conferences in Medical Imaging and Computer Vision from the Netherlands.
- The WWW Virtual Library:
Home | Table of Contents | FAQ
Search | Submit a New Site