Organizations & Groups:
ATV Table of Contents
Submit a New Site
Frequently Asked Questions
David M. Sander, Ph.D. (email@example.com
If you are interested in developing a WWW site for your lab or organization, please feel free to contact me for any needed advice and/or assistance.
This is a collection of the web sites of microbiology departments of universities and research institutes around the world. These pages often contain information on the department, its research interests, academic staff, research groups and teaching as well as pointers to other sites of microbial interest. These sites are listed alphabetically by state, and by country.
We also have a separate page for Virology Greduate Programs.
If you know of a site that isn't here, please submit the URL or contact me.
Within the United States
- Northwest Fisheries Science Center - The Microbiology Team is part of the Integrative Fish Biology Program in the Resource Enhancement and Utilization Technologies Division of the Northwest Fisheries Science Center. The team carries out a mix of basic and applied research to support the NOAA Fisheries goals to Build Sustainable Fisheries and Recover Protected Species.
- Michigan State University
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Washington University, School of Medicine, Department of Molecular Microbiology.
- Montana State University-Bozeman
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
International Microbiology Departments
- The University of Adelaide, Department of Microbiology and Immunology.
- Flinders University, School of Biological Sciences.
- Griffith University, Microbial Biotechnology.
- Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Hanson Centre for Cancer Research.
- La Trobe University, School of Microbiology. The School of Microbiology is one of fourteen schools within the Faculty of Science and Technology. The school is balanced both for teaching and research in a variety of areas within microbiology and virology.
- Department of Microbiology, The University of Melbourne.
- The Department of Microbiology, Monash University in Clayton, Victoria.
- University of Tasmania, Microbiology.
- University of Queensland, Department of Microbiology.
- Monash University, Department of Microbiology.
- University of Western Australia, Department of Microbiology.
- Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research.
- University of Brussels, Genetic Virology.
- Free University Brussels, Department of Molecular Biology. Administrative structure; Main topics; Research units: Theoretical Biology, Bacterial Plasmids, Pathogenicity, Bacterial Transposition, Microbiology, Molecular Parasitology, and Applied Tumor Virology.
- University of Alberta, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology.
- The Institut Armand-Frappier is part of the network of the Universite du Quebec. It is a microbiology and immunology research institute within which there is a Virology Research Center. It is located in Laval and offers only graduate programs.
- University of Calgary, Immunology Research Group.
- Dalhousie University, Department of Microbiology and Immunology.
- University of Manitoba Department of Medical Microbiology
- McGill University Department of Microbiology and Immunology - including photos of department members, their research interests, recent publications. Also information on undergraduate B.Sc. programs offered by the department and on graduate M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs, seminars presented at the department by external speakers, etc. Link to undergraduate handbook listing courses offered, and to course outlines for certain of these courses.
- McMaster University, Department of Biology.
- Queen's University at Kingston, Ontario Dept. of Microbiology & Immunology
- University of Saskatchewan, Department of Veterinary Microbiology
- University of Victoria, Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology.
- University of Western Ontario The Department of Microbiology & Immunology :A complete description of our department, its members, undergraduate and graduate programs including the first Web course offered at the University of Western Ontario - the Biology of Infection and Immunity.
- Istituto di Microbiologia - University di Firenze. The Institute is interested in all branches of Microbiology, and is involved in research and teaching teaching microbiology at all levels. The web is entirely in Italian. Besides presenting informations on its own activity, with separate sections for bacteriology, virology, and parasitology, it has links to most other microbiological webs in Italy.
- Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Milan.
- Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Pavia.
- Department of Microbiology, University of Nijmegen.
- Department of Medical Microbiology and Center of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands. The activities of the Department of Medical Microbiology (housing around 120 persons) include diagnostics, research, teaching and residence training. The Department of Medical Microbiology is involved in the University education programs of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences and Life Science and Technology and the training programme of the "Hogeschool Leiden".
- Center for Research and Advanced Studies of the National Polytechnic Institute of Mexico. Virology research is done at several of our biological sciences departments. Prospective graduate students, postdoctoral students, or visiting scientists should inquire at specific departments.
- University of Otago, Department of Microbiology. The Virus Research Unit (VRU) of the Health Research Council of New Zealand and the Deer Research Group (DRG) are also housed in the Department with research groups working on reverse-transcriptase inhibitors, insect iridoviruses, baculoviruses, Orf virus, dengue virus, and human papillomaviruses.
- Biotechnology Organisations in Thailand, ASEAN Biotechnology Database: Chulalongkorn University, Chiangmai University, Centre For Disease Vector Control, Horticulture Research Institute, and Institute Of Medical Science.
- Cambridge University
- Department of Medical Microbiology, Imperial College Medical School, at St Mary's in London. It has pages on the research in the Department (AIDS, vaccinia, tuberculosis and neisseria), a list of all members of staff, the history of the department (including Alexander Fleming), as well as a list of servers that are often accessed by members of this department.
- Pathology and Microbiology, University of Bristol.
- Medical Microbiology, University of Edinburgh.
- Department of Bacteriology, University of Glasgow.
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Leicester.
- Department of Microbiology, University of Leeds.
- Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Liverpool.
- Institute of Virology and Environmental Microbiology (IVEM), Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, National Environment Research Council (NERC).
- Newcastle Public Health Laboratory. We are a Regional Microbiology/Virology laboratory, also covering Water Quality Control Schemes, Regional Communicable Disease Surveillance, Environmental Microbiology, and a National Tuberculosis Reference Laboratory.
- School of Microbiological, Virological and Immunological Sciences - University of Newcastle upon Tyne. This site provides local information on the combined departments of Microbiology, Immunology and Virology.
- University of Reading
- Department of Virology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School.
- Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine Department of Medical Microbiology
- Microbiology at the University of Southampton
- School of Pure & Applied Biology, University of Wales Cardiff - Opportunities to study microbiology at undergraduate and postgraduate level within the microbiology group in the School of Biology.
Home | Table of Contents | FAQ
Submit a New Site