|Vaccine Information For:
ATV Table of Contents
Submit a New Site
David M. Sander, Ph.D. (email@example.com
If you are interested in developing a WWW site for your lab or organization, please feel free to contact me for any needed advice and/or assistance.
Vaccine and Vaccine Development Sites
General Vaccine Information:
Vaccine Information for Parents
- Canadian Provincial Vaccination Policies are provided on a single website by Access MD, Canada.
- Childhood Immunizations from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- What Kind of Immunizations Should My Child Get and When? - A brief checklist of recommendations from Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago.
- General Information About Immunization from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
- Immunizations from Healthtouch contains good information on vaccines.
- Immunizations from KidSource includes a checklist and a well-designed chart summarizing vaccine information.
- Immunizations for Adults is a page from the Patient Information section of the American Academy of Family Physicians website.
- Immunization Protects Children is a statement from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Immunization Schedules presented by MedAccess Corporation.
- Parents' Place: Vaccination Issues from "The Web Doctor," Robert W. Steele, M.D., a pediatrician from St. John's Regional Health Center in Springfield, Missouri. This site includes a question and answer form.
- Patient and Public Information about immunology is available from the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
- PEP, the Patient Education Program of the Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, is a comprehensive information source for parents and patients.
- Vaccine Questions & Answers from Sesame Street Parents.
- Vaccines and Vaccine-Preventable Diseases from the Canadian Laboratory Centre for Disease Control.
- What Parents Need To Know About Vaccinations from the American Academy for Pediatrics.
Traveller's Health and Vaccination
Specific Vaccine Sites
Clinical Vaccine Resources:
- Antibody Resource Page
- BIO-VIRUS Research Inc. BIO-VIRUS Research is a small biotech company that developed an innovative Universal Peptide Herpetic Vaccine. The vaccine contains several short (25 to 28 aminoacids long) peptides and no viral material at all. It shows protective properties agains HSV1, HSV2, CMV, EBV and VZV. Kaposi Sarcoma and HSV6 and HSV7 are currently tested with their vaccine. BVR is also active in research on herpesviruses role in atherogenesis.
- BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - The platform technology is biodegradable calcium phosphate nanoparticles for use as antigen delivery vehicles and safe and potent adjuvant. The lead viral vaccine candidates include HSV-2 and Influenza.
- Biomedical Centre 3W Server, University of Uppsala, Sweden, carries material about vaccine research at the university.
- CEIFE is the Spanish Centre for Pharmacoepidemiological Research, a research unit created in 1994 in Madrid. Its performs research on drug safety and effectiveness.
- Center 1: Virology, Immunology and Infectious Disease Research is one of the research centers of the Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
- Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research is part of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Quite frequently there are evaluations of vaccines at this site.
- CenterWatch maintains an international listing of clinical research trials including trials on infectious diseases.
- Connaught Laboratories - commercial vaccine development laboratory.
- DNA Vaccine Web Home Page
- Federal Bio-Technology Transfer Directory is an information resource providing access to federal biotechnology transfer opportunities and activities, maintained by the Biotechnology Information Institute.
- Guidelines for Good Epidemiology Practices (GEPs) address the issues of data quality, study design and study conduct in pharmacoepidemiology research. From the Harvard School of Public Health.
- The International ImMunoGeneTics database (IMGT) contains information that is valuable to vaccine researchers.
- Immunise is a website maintained by the Department of Epidemiology and Health Sciences at Manchester University Medical School in Manchester, UK. Part of the Immunisation Information System of the UK.
- The International Vaccine Institute, in Seoul, South Korea, is dedicated to bringing new vaccines to developing countries through research, development and capacity building.
- Irish National Virus Reference Laboratory is at University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland. There is some vaccine material available at this site.
- Merck & Company - a manufacturer of many vaccine products.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, contains a great deal of information for vaccine researchers.
- U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, Bacteriology Division, containing information about vaccines, bacterial diseases, and immunology.
- Vaccine Weekly a publication that lists vaccine-related meetings and contact information.
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) in Australia evaluates new therapeutic products, prepares standards, develops test methods, conducts testing programs and liaises with industry to ensure that the products used in Australia are of good quality, safe and effective.
- The National Advisory Committee on Immunization of the Health Protection Branch - Laboratory Centre for Disease Control, issues recommendations for the use of vaccines currently or newly licensed for use in humans in Canada, including the identification of high risk groups for whom vaccine programs should be targeted. The organization also advises on the need for national vaccination strategies and makes recommendations for vaccine development research.
- Pasteur Institute. Founded in 1877 by Louis Pasteur, this institute has been in the forefront of the fight against infectious disease for over a century.
- National Institute for Biological Standards and Control (Great Britain) is a multi-disciplinary scientific establishment whose purpose is to safeguard and enhance public health by standardizing and controlling biological substances used in medicine. It is a WHO biological standards laboratory.
- Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre (UK) was established in 1977 to undertake national surveillance of communicable disease and to provide epidemiological assistance and coordination in the investigation and control of infection in England and in Wales.
- The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- National Health Information Center (NHIC) is a health information referral service established in 1979 by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP), Office of Public Health and Science, Office of the Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- The United States National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- VaCCINe is the Virginia Computerized Children's Vaccine Network.
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) is maintained by the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The function of VAERS is to receive reports about adverse events which may be associated with vaccines.
- Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) is a U.S. no-fault alternative to the tort system for resolving claims resulting from adverse reactions to mandated childhood vaccines.
World Health Organization
- World Health Organization has a Global Program for Vaccines & Immunization promotes the use of vaccines to immunize women and children, aiming to reduce to a minimum all vaccine-preventable diseases and the suffering they cause.
- American Association of Immunologists is a professional society for Immunology researchers and clinicians. There is some educational material available.
- The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology is the largest professional medical specialty organization representing allergists, clinical immunologists, allied health professionals, and other physicians with special interest in allergy. One of the goals of the AAAAI is to educate the public about allergies and allergic-immunologic diseases.
- American Academy of Family Physicians is a national non-profit medical association of more than 84,000 family doctors, family practice residents, and medical students. This Web site includes thousands of pages of information about family practice, most of which are available in the site's public section -- Family Medicine Online.
- American Academy of Pediatrics is committed to the attainment of optimal health for infants, children and young adults and contains some excellent resources.
- American Liver Foundation is "the only national, voluntary non-profit health agency dedicated to preventing, treating and curing hepatitis and all liver diseases through research, education and support groups."
- Australasian Society for Immunology is a broadly based society, embracing clinical and experimental, cellular and molecular immunology in humans and animals.
- British Society for Immunology states its aim this way: "To advance the science of Immunology for the benefit of the public."
- Clinical Immunology Society, for professionals in the science and practice of clinical immunology.
- The National Coalition for Adult Immunization (NCAI) was formed in 1988 and is composed of more than 90 professional medical and health care associations, advocacy groups, voluntary organizations, vaccine manufacturers, and government health agencies. Each member has the common goal of improving the immunization status of adults to levels specified by the US Public Health Service in Healthy People 2000.
- Pan American Health Organization assists the countries in the Americas to mobilize the necessary resources to provide immunization and treatment services for all vaccine-preventable diseases. Their activities include a Special Program on Vaccines and Immunization.
- The Pharmaceutical Care Page of the American Pharmaceutical Association(APhA) includes up-to-date information on Immunizations Guidelines.
- The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is an international organization of health care regulatory affairs professionals.
Specific Agent/Vaccine Organization
- The Hepatitis Information Network (HepNet) provides information on hepatitis vaccinations.
Vaccine Advocacy Groups
- All Kids Count of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation was founded to develop immunization monitoring and follow-up systems for preschool children.
- Every Child By Two (ECBT) is a voluntary organization in the U.S. formed to raise awareness of the critical need for timely immunization and to foster a systematic way to immunize all of the country's children by the age of two.
- Immunization Action Coalition promotes physician, community, and family awareness of, and responsibility for, appropriate immunization of all children and adults against all vaccine-preventable diseases.
- The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Italy, promotes the safe use of biotechnology including vaccines worldwide, with special regard for the needs of the developing countries.
- National Coalition for Adult Immunization, composed of more than 90 U.S. medical and health care associations, advocacy groups, voluntary organizations, vaccine manufacturers, and government health agencies, aims at improving the immunization status of adults to levels specified by the U.S. Public Health Service in Healthy People 2000.
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases has among its aims the prevention of such diseases, and awards grants for research in this area.
- "Toward Understanding of Vaccines" - An Iconoclastic Theory of Vaccines
- The Good Life is a newsletter on natural health and natural living. It takes a broad view of health to include health of the body, mind, spirit and the environment. Topics regularly covered in The Good Life include Macrobiotics, Diet and Nutrition, Vegetarianism, Alternative Medicine, Oriental Medicine, Environment, Childcare, Vaccination, Meditation, Personal Growth, Spirituality, New Age, etc.
- Vaccination, The Alternative View
"Most of you out there have probably received some form of vaccination at one point or another in your life, or you may have children who are in the process of receiving vaccinations. Well, I have some very bad news for you folks; you, once again, have been conned. "
- Are Vaccinations really safe for all children? - This site tells the story of a vaccination reaction to the DPT. A very moving story with some great links as well.
- Immunisation Awareness Society"VACCINATION - Does it Work? Is It Safe? Investigate so that you can make an informed choice." Site provides primarily anit-vaccine information, with a lot of links.
- The National Vaccine Information Centre (NVIC) operated by Dissatisfied Parents Together (DPT) is a national, non-profit educational organization founded in 1982. It is the oldest and largest national organization advocating reformation of the mass vaccination system and is responsible for launching the vaccine safety movement in America in the early 1980's. Located in Vienna, Virginia, NVIC is dedicated to the prevention of vaccine injuries and deaths through public education. NVIC provides assistance to parents whose children have suffered vaccine reactions; promotes research to evaluate vaccine safety and effectiveness as well as to identify factors which place individuals at high risk for suffering vaccine reactions; and monitors vaccine research, development, policymaking and legislation. NVIC supports the right of citizens to exercise informed consent and make educated, independent vaccination decisions for themselves and their children.
- New Atlantean Immunization Resources - the "Thinktwice Global Vaccine Institute" offers anti-vaccine stories, links, and "secret" information.
- Australian Vaccination Network "A parent's right to choose what's best for their child...some would say that this is one of the most basic rules of any civilised society. Yet governments all over the world have abridged or denied the right to free choice when it comes to vaccination for our children or ourselves. The Australian Vaccination Network is working to help parents take back that right to free and informed choice by allowing them to see both sides of this issue before making a decision." - This site contains links to anti-vaccine and membership information.
- Concerned Parents for Vaccine Safety - an anti-vaccine collection of information and opinion.
- The Campaign Against Fraudulent Medical Research (Australia - Very good vaccination info) is " a non-profit group dedicated to promoting true health and a clean environment by supporting valid research, disease prevention, freedom of choice in health care, a reduction in the use of toxicants, and independence of health care and environmental protection from the dictatorial influences of the drug/chemical interests."
- Vaccine Safety Website - Dr Classen on autoimmunity, diabetes and other research on vaccine safety
- The Polio Connection of America - a Polio Information Home Page for Polio Survivors.
- Global Vaccine Awareness League - GVAL is a non-profit organization committed to the education of parents and concerned citizens regarding the potential risks and serious side-effects of vaccines. Although this site might be well intentioned, it's science is non-existent, and it's message somewhere beyond misleading. GVAL does maintain a great collection of other Anti-Vaccine Pages:
Home | Table of Contents | FAQ
Search | Submit a New Site