Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, is responsible for providing guidance and supervision to hourly employees in completing testing or testing support activities. Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of work, motivation, training, and problem resolution for his/her team while maintaining a compliant and safe environment. Uses team work and good communication skills to administer personnel policies in accordance with the local bargaining agreement.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the activities involved in conducting testing and/or assaying of, validation, raw material, process intermediates and finished product samples, and is knowledgeable in the analytical techniques for the laboratory(s) they support. Technologies include those in the disciplines of, Virology or other Biological Sciences.
- Responsible for the supervision of hourly employees performing testing. Includes scheduling of work assignments based on priorities, being knowledgeable of cGMP, administration of local bargaining agreement, company personnel policies, OSHA requirements and company safety procedures,
- Promotes teamwork and open communication.
- Responsible for updating SOPs, Process Specific Training Modules, Test Methods, etc.
- Responsible for training personnel to ensure employees are competent and qualified to perform duties, while complying with departmental policies and procedures.
- •Responsible for performing lab work accurately and in a timely fashion. Responsible for critically evaluating data generated and recommending acceptance or rejection of samples.
- Maintain records, develop productivity improvement plans, maintain adequate inventory of supplies, training records, tracking functions such as corrective actions, special projects, etc.
- Cooperates with Merck Manufacturing Division as required to resolve technical problems.
- Supports deviation investigations, out-of-trend results, and test failures associated with product manufacture, release testing, and stability testing.
- Responsible for investigating safety and environmental incidents and near misses. Expected to model a safe culture throughout the laboratory.
- Responsible to improve laboratory quality and/or efficiency of assays, support regulatory inspections and train Laboratory Operations managers and/or technicians.