• The Contractors shall serve as a Principal Investigator and will conduct basic and applied research on current and emerging viral threats; in support of the biodefense and infectious disease program. The Principal investigator is Key Personnel; working in BSL-3 and BSL-4 laboratories. They must hold and maintain BPRP status; IAW the provisions of this contract and applicable regulations.
• Specific Tasks:
• Seek funding from DTRA and other funding agencies on behalf of the Government and USAMRIID to further the research portfolio of the Division and USAMRIID. Establish and coordinate extramural collaborations and contracts to augment the research program he or she directs. Amount of funding per year will vary depending on current mission requirements and USAMRIID's available funding.
• Coordinate and collaborate with scientists within the Division and the Institute on in vivo and in vitro studies to evaluate medical countermeasures against infectious diseases. In vivo studies with non-human primates is approximately 30-35 moderate studies per year; rodent studies range from 60-70 studies per year; and in vitro could be multi-studies in support of each in vivo study.
• As a Principal Investigator; they should prepare technical reports and manuscripts for publication each year. They should present work at Scientific Meetings each year; which may require CONCUS and OCONUS travel.
• Provides monthly PI Technical Report.