1. Performs basic and specialized techniques with limited supervision of the scientific investigator. Techniques include one or more of the following: routine virology and molecular biology techniques related to viral genome and associated host microbiome sequencing, such as mammalian cell culture, mammalian cell transfection, RNA/DNA preparation and purification, and genomic library construction for next generation sequencing.
2. Maintains stocks of all reagents necessary for above techniques.
3. Keeps accurate written records and biological stocks representing work performed.
4. Performs daily maintenance of equipment for associated techniques.
5. Interacts with Investigators on experimental planning and analysis.
6. Trains laboratory personnel in relevant techniques.
7. Participates in laboratory meetings.
8. Prepares and presents projects at meetings and conferences.
9. Performs other related tasks as assigned.
10. Strictly adheres to all documented JCVI policies and procedures to include carrying out all functions required of Institute employees (i.e. completion of timesheets and effort surveys in an accurate and timely manner).