· Practical knowledge and experience in viral or bacterial vaccine development and/or production.
· Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Demonstrated basic mathematical skills, e.g. the ability to perform volumetric calculations, serial dilutions and pH adjustments.
· Competent in utilising basic computer programs such as MS Office, Outlook, Excel (for data manipulation) and other computer-based software.
· Ability to be organised, follow best practices and work effectively in a team environment.
· Demonstrated good time and priority management skills in order to ensure that project goals are met within pre-determined time frames.
· Demonstrated skills in the conduct of laboratory activities related to cell culture, such as cryopreservation and revival of cell lines, maintenance and culture of cell lines and/or primary culture, cell counts and cell viability check.
· Demonstrated, well developed knowledge and skills in virology procedures, such as virus infection, harvesting and purification, visualisation of cytopathic effect and determination of virus titre.
· Excellent project management track record.
· Proven ability to conduct in-process control testing using analytical instruments.
· Practical knowledge and experience in vaccine development and/or production.
· Experience in sterile formulation, inactivation, adjuvanting, emulsification and filling.
· Working experience within a sterile, bulk or finished pharmaceutical environment.
· Experience working in a company operating to cGMP.