MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This is an exciting time for MSD UK as we welcome back our market leading vaccines portfolio, creating a brand new Business Unit focused on disease prevention and population health. This aligns with our corporate strategy on improving public health, allied to our existing Pharmaceutical, Healthcare Services and Animal Health divisions.
The EU/EEMEA Vaccines Regulatory CMC Associate in the EU/UK will be responsible for execution and management of European (EU/EEMEA) region life-cycle submissions and new product registrations for MSD Vaccines. It will ensure a focus on local needs of EU/EEMEA Country Regulatory Affairs (RA) teams and the needs of HQ CMC teams. The position will be part of the MSD International CMC EU/EEMEA Regional hub.
The International CMC Regional Hub is a key component of MSD’s strategy to build regional CMC regulatory knowledge and effective local relationships with MSD country RA offices, in order to deliver appropriate regulatory strategies, deliver right first time regulatory submissions, and support ongoing conformance of MSD’s manufacturing practices with the registered product details.
- For EU/EEMEA Vaccines, the position will be the primary regulatory (CMC) point of contact for the Regional/Affiliate DRAs and as such he/she will work closely with them and the regional Supply Chain teams as well as with the HQ CMC product leaders and all parts of the MSD Regulatory network.
- In coordination with global CMC Regulatory leaders, execute regulatory strategy for Vaccine product lifecycle submissions in the EU/EEMEA regional markets, for management of CMC changes originating at manufacturing sites or affiliates, by maximizing submission efficiency and quality to ensure right first time and a high rate of submission approvals by Health Authorities.
- Act as subject matter expert in Vaccine product CMC regulatory requirements post approval submissions and maintain the regulatory intelligence repository for regional markets under responsibility.
- Manage timely responses to Health Authority questions resulting from lifecycle submissions in regional markets under responsibility.
- Coordinate strategic planning with Regional Supply Chain and Affiliate DRAs for change management alignment and early visibility/communication/planning of changes impacting markets in the region.
- Manage tracking of Health Authority commitments as result of license/dossier approval and ensure commitment due dates are met.
- Ensure timely update of the CMC change management electronic systems, using the regulatory information provided from the submission/approval externally by a Health Authority, or internally by the appropriate functional area.
- Upon request, support country DRA interactions with regulatory authorities to facilitate the prompt review and approval of submissions (as CMC content Subject Matter Expert).
- The candidate may be required to travel to other company sites on a periodic basis.