View Company Profile
<< Go back |
||May 25, 2017
||US - Pennsylvania - Lancaster
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2.5 billion in annual revenues and 27,000 employees across 310 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Founded in 1961, Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories provides testing services for all stages of the drug development process and supports all functional areas of bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing, including method development, microbiology, process validation and quality control.
As a member of Eurofins Scientific’s BioPharma Product Testing Group—the largest network of harmonized bio/pharmaceutical GMP product testing laboratories worldwide—Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories provides comprehensive laboratory services for the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is searching for a Senior Scientist to support our Bio/Pharmaceutical Viral Clearance group in Lancaster, PA.
Senior Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performing a wide range of analyses (routine and non-routine) primarily, but not limited to, cell biology and virology test areas of Biopharmaceutical Services
· Reviewing and evaluating raw data for acceptability
· Setting up and validating new analytical or related processes used by the department
· Troubleshooting method and instrumentation problems
· Lead team, schedule, and train employees
· Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
· Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
· Regular attendance and punctuality
· Calculate, evaluate, review, and properly communicate data verbally and in written format
· Perform routine and non-routine biopharmaceutical analyses or related procedures (including those performed in controlled access areas); record and document data according to regulatory requirements
· Set up and validate new analytical procedures or related processes used by the department; perform benchwork for validation studies
· Ability to access and use computer programming including PC software
· Read, understand, and follow the principles of methods and procedures used in assigned work
· Prepare documents (including, but not limited to) analytical procedures, standard operating procedures, explanations of data, investigations, and protocols in a written format
· Perform laboratory work on weekends and holidays on a rotating basis with other members of the department
· Work overtime and/or adjust working hours when necessary to meet client requirements
· Train personnel to perform laboratory operations
· Travel to and from client meetings, technical meetings, or seminars
· Act as Principal Investigator for GLP studies as needed
· Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
· Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in biology, molecular, or cell biology (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
· At least six month to two years in cGMP biopharmaceutical industry
· One year of experience in cell culture & viral clearance
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.