Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The Associate Director, Business Operations will provide support, including strategic resourcing, communications and facilitation management to the Head of Medical Writing and the Medical Writing Senior Leadership Team. This position requires the effective leadership of non-direct reports with broad responsibilities.
- Develop and implement a flexible resource model to manage all aspects of the dynamic medical writing workload resourcing. Work with Finance, Procurement, Medical Writing Senior Management and PSRM to develop and execute resourcing strategies adapting to the dynamic business needs and changes across GCTO. Establish and lead resource management for the department, providing planning, coordination, processes, best practices, compliance, communication and other related to ensure the successful alignment and implementation. Ensure appropriate tools and metrics are established to track and measure implementation, continuous improvement and success including periodic reviews and communications
- Serve as liaison for implementing Medical Writing vendor partnerships in conjunction with the PSRM group. Ensure consistency, coordination, accountability, communication, and results/tracking related to Medical Writing operations.
- Lead for developing and implementing department communication plan. Work closely with the department leadership to implement and support the development of business and operational Medical Writing communications.
- Lead for establishment of effective meetings for information sharing, planning and coordination across Medical Writing functions. Serves as Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meeting facilitator. Identifies and prioritizes issues, ensures alignment, and accountability tracking of assignments/projects to satisfactory completion and/or realization.
- Works with Head of Medical Writing to standardize and implement department periodic summaries and/or reports. Facilitate and contribute to ad hoc Medical Writing department reports or communications.
- Work with Head of Medical Writing to facilitate operational and business strategic mindset within Senior Leadership, including strategic planning approach for meetings, accountability, continual process improvement, innovation, collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, and leadership for medical writing processes, standards, and initiatives.
- Works with the Head of Medical Writing to facilitate the change management process within Medical Writing. Establish a framework for providing feedback and addressing risk/developing mitigation plans as needed.
- Manage departmental budget to support Head of Medical Writing and Senior Staff.
**Position can be remote-based**