Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The position is responsible for:
- Group leader for research and development of ruminant vaccine projects for registration with regional and global authorities.
- Establishing a proficient communication and efficient collaboration with internal customers in other Departments (Regulatory, Marketing, Technical Services, Quality Control and Assurance, Manufacturing) with the goal of developing ruminant vaccines in the shortest possible time with the best possible label claims in the industry
- Establishing relationships with external collaborators like Contract Research Organizations and University and Institute Scientists to support Project Development and enhance the Ruminants R&D Projects portfolio
- Supervising Scientists and Associates in all Project related activities and to manage professional development of all personnel reporting into this position
- Creating study designs for vaccine development that generate the appropriate information required for Product registration with USDA and to properly collect, evaluate/analyze and report the studies data.
- Preparing, reviewing and auditing all Project related reports and data needed to secure new product registrations with USDA and other Regulatory Agencies.
- Providing site/organization with a high level of knowledge on the scientific information related to Animal Diseases Evolution or Emergence and Appropriate Technologies.
- Bringing to the department technical knowledge by reviewing appropriate technical literature and/or attending relevant Ruminant or Scientific Meetings
- Starting/maintaining Project Management tools and providing project reports/updates as required.
- Planning and tracking project budget and resources requirement.
- Supporting other Departments when technical issues arise in the areas of vaccine manufacturing, testing or performance in the field.