- Autonomously organize, conduct, co-ordinate and lead research project(s) and to perform all necessary experiments in order to design, develop or improve vaccines, vaccination strategies and veterinary products for aquatic animals.
- To ensure the fastest possible development of products whilst ensuring the quality standards and a high level of performance confidence of the product developed.
- To determine, in conjunction to research management, the lines and approaches for product development in his/her own field of expertise.
- To initiate new projects
- To coordinate transfer to production
Project related activities
- Functions as research leader for (multiple) projects.
- Plans, organizes and leads activities of project teams for his/her projects.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in his / her field
- Controls and is the main responsible for the progress of his/her projects
- Is or strives to become the company expert for the diseases and products he/she works on
- Ensures project reporting through Milestone reporting, Deviation reporting and Update reporting.
- Is and maintains up-to-date with the scientific developments and literature within his/her expertise fields.
- Performs experiments according to GLP guidelines
- Is up-to-date with regulatory guidelines for the products and geographical areas he/she is developing products for and maintains a direct contact with the Scientific editors (RA) to ensure that experiments are conducted and reported to allow registration
- Plans, coordinates and prioritizes activities of his/her team in view of priorities, available resources and overall site efficiency.
- Writes project proposals (feasibility and development proposals) and timely suggests amendments to running projects to R&D management.
- Presents research results both internally and externally.
- Identifies potential intellectual property and takes steps to initiate evaluation of the potential
- Thinks conceptual, explores and evaluates new approaches within regulatory and ethical boundaries
- Performs all tasks required to transfer a production process to GSC and Q and is responsible for the transfer
- Explores cross-discipline developments for application in his/her projects
- Is co-responsible for the development and maintenance of a GLP system
- Ensures compliance with Company, SHE, Quality and Regulatory guidelines
- Proposes where possible improvements to facilitate or expedite the activities within the R&D group
- Contributes to project discussions within the R&D site and within AAH R&D world-wide
- Is responsible for the communication between sections and between sites both nationally and internationally
- Ensures adequate transfer of products and processes from his/her team to production, quality control and registration departments
- Ensure compliance with MSD EHS and compliance standards
- Takes site related responsibilities outside the core R&D activities on e.g.: SHE, animal welfare, GLP