Dr Mookkan Prabakaran Group: Postdoctoral position
A Postdoctoral position is available in Dr Mookkan Prabakaran Group. The research group is interested in identification of neutralizing epitopes of influenza A subtypes for broad vaccine design, development of viral-vectored multivalent vaccines for mucosal immunization, understanding the molecular pathogenesis and virus-host cell interactions of infectious viruses.
• The research projects will involve viral vector construction and use, reverse genetics, generation of neutralizing antibodies for therapeutics and vaccine design
• Also include studies on molecular pathogenesis and host-virus interactions using mouse models
• Conducts vaccine efficacy testing in mice
• PhD Degree in virology, molecular biology, Immunology or a related field
• At least one first-author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal
• A strong background in molecular virology and immunological techniques is necessary
• Prior experience in BSL3 work and mouse experimentation is preferred
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidates. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their curriculum vitae with cover letter (include a short statement of the research interests) and contact details of at least two referees to:
Dr Mookkan Prabakaran
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Ltd
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)