MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Requires a PhD (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline or engineering, and a minimum of 2 years related experience; may include post-doctoral experience.
• Ability to work on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, with expert knowledge of complex scientific principles and concepts.
• Proficiency and clarity of oral and written communications are essential.
• Exemplary organizational skills with a proven track record of working effectively both independently and as a team player.
• Knowledge or experience with biocontainment facilities and procedures, laboratory safety, biosurety, and decontamination desirable.
• Knowledge or experience with Quality Assurance (QA) programs such as ISO 9001 or ISO 17025 and/or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)/Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) desirable.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, able to obtain an interim secret clearance leading to a top secret clearance, suitability for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), a favorable adjudication of the Department of Justice (DoJ) for select agent access, and enrollment in the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP). Current clearance(s) desirable.?
• Participation in the Immunization Program through Corporate Occupational Health Solutions, LLC (CorpOHS) is required.
• May be required to participate in NBACC’s alternative work and/or on-call schedule, dependent upon business needs.
• Demonstrated strong record of conducting molecular virology research using orthogonal approaches to elucidate complex molecular mechanisms of virus-host interactions.
• Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple parallel laboratory activities and communicate the prioritization of these activities to stakeholders is essential.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view and dynamic teams.
• Independently motivated, detail oriented and excellent problem solving skills.
• Performs highly skilled and specialized laboratory research utilizing experimental protocols that may include: viral reverse genetics systems, nucleic acid extraction, quantitative RT-PCR analysis, host and/or viral gene/protein expression analyses, viral microtitration assays, next generation sequencing using Illumina platforms and other molecular methods as appropriate.
• Proficiency using standard molecular biology software tools (VectorNTI, LaserGene, etc.).
• Experience in Biosafety Level 3 and/or 4 is preferred.
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Ability to formulate difficult science hypothesis and demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought, with the possibility to be a technical project lead on multiple projects.
• May determine methods and procedures on new assignments, while mentoring lower level personnel.
• Maintains a safe work environment by participating in specialized training and review of safety manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Identifies departures from the Quality Management System (QMS) and initiates actions to investigate and prevent such occurrences.
• Maintains and evaluates records of analysis and reviews laboratory results, plans and reports.
• Ensures that equipment, reagents and supplies are maintained and used properly.
• Directs, prioritizes, schedules and provides technical expertise to staff to conduct work.
• Maintains appropriate records.
• Performs other assigned duties.
BNBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.